[Lab] Fire the laser!

Adam Hill theadbo+modlab at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 10:04:49 EDT 2011

I used to work with both CO2 and YAG lasers. The real trick is power
density, which you can get with the right lenses (CO2/YAG lenses are a bit
spendy) and get by lengthening the pulse as long as possible. Obviously,
some substrates better absorb the energy from the different lasers better
than others but you can go a long way with high power densities. I haven't
looked at the details of the lab's CO2 laser yet so I can't comment
specifically on this lasers capabilities.

Best,
-ah