[Lab] yellow jackets and electricity

Darcy Whyte darcy at siteware.com
Sat Aug 27 16:32:19 EDT 2011

What about this angle:

A motion detector of some sort.
a coil
a relay
a 6v battery
a wire grid over the opening

When a yellow jacket is detected we charge the coil and then let it
discharge through the grid.

The relay is to isolate an arduino from the coil charging action...

What sort of coil would I need?

If this will work at all....

Also, what about detecting the bug when it touches the grid? I suppose the
problem with that is I'd need to isolate it from the arduino somehow since
the high voltage will zap the arduino too....