[Lab] Ponoko laser cutting & rastering colour-maps

Andrew Plumb andrew at plumb.org
Thu Aug 25 12:10:31 EDT 2011

Hey Everyone,

To sync up with Ponoko's design requirements, in case you want to sell stuff prototyped with the ArtEngine laser, here's where you can find the details:

http://www.ponoko.com/starter-kits/design-rules-2d

--snip--

Line stroke colors (aka vector cuts and engraved lines):

  All lines used in your design must have these specific RGB color values:

	• Cutting lines: Blue – R:0, G:0, B:255
	• Heavy vector engraving lines: Red – R:255, G:0, B:0
	• Medium vector engraving lines: Green – R:0, G:255, B:0
	• Light vector engraving lines: Magenta – R:255, G:0, B:255
  If you are using lines for raster engraving, these must have either a black or gray stroke color with consistent RGB values (such as R:128, G:128, B:128 or R:230, G:230, B:230, etc).

--end-snip--

They also use Orange for comments, instructions and other non-lasered mark-up - R:246, G:146, B:30

We'll need to capture to our wiki some look-up tables of Power+Speed+Frequency settings per material for the Epilog driver.

The left-hand side menu at that Ponoko page links to some "starter kit" templates you can use for Adobe Illustrator, CorelDRAW and Inkscape.  We should probably adapt one set of them to our Zing24 bounds to design within.

Andrew.

--

"The future is already here.  It's just not very evenly distributed" -- William Gibson

Me: http://clothbot.com/wiki/