[Lab] Introduction and question

tonyelwood at telus.blackberry.net tonyelwood at telus.blackberry.net
Wed Aug 24 22:43:23 EDT 2011

Hello Sam,

I just happen to have a variety of motors right now for a short time but I will get more free motors in the future. I havnt tried to generate electricity with them besides hooking up my meter and giving them a spin out of curiosity. Ill try to snag an alternator out of a stairmaster next chance I get. Would that be more efficient than a brushed motor?

Treadmill motors in north america are 90-120V, 15-25A. Can't remember the rpm ratings. Don't know how that would translate when used as a generator.

-Tony