[Lab] Depth Perception

Darcy Whyte darcy at siteware.com
Mon Aug 22 16:21:42 EDT 2011

Ah, I see, the eyes can can change their alignment to snap on to the 3d
experience automatically.

So the easiest solution is to just have the cameras stationary, perhaps
converged a couple km out.

Once adjusted you can see the clouds go by in 3d.

I guess time lapse would be a great way to capture the material. Then you
could play it back whenever you want and the motion would make it cooler.

But if you wanted to go real time an pan, you'd need to make sure the pan
rates are well match or it would "un-snap" you from the 3d experience.

I bet you could get a nice 3d effect even if the cameras were only like a
few meters apart.