[Lab] don't forget, if you want a Web site to show your projects

Darcy Whyte darcy at siteware.com
Mon Aug 8 17:35:58 EDT 2011

If someone wants to do a collaborative food related blog, let me know as I'm
interested in that.

I personally like wordpress because it can be your site. These other system
generally don't let you do that. For instance you could spend a lot of time
developing a site called facebook.com/oogabooga or
munchyfood.someoneelsessite.com and if they screw up and lock out your
account or change policy in a way that doesn't benefit your audience (or
yourself), then you're screwed. Except where you're paying for their service
as a rule you'll be competing with the provider since they will be trying to
sell stuff to your audience too.

Wordpress being free doesn't hurt either.

Darcy