[Lab] clave

Frances Vera Spidle, Ms frances.spidle at mcgill.ca
Tue Sep 7 12:07:48 EDT 2010

I've used large bamboo stalks (about 1" -1 1/4" in diameter), cut to keep one section intact giving you the requisite hollow section. Can't remember where I got the bamboo, I think at a gardening shop.

Rotten bamboo claves (stored under the deck from the year before) at Carnival time in Trinidad lead to hitting empty oil cans that evolved into the steel drum (or so the legend goes)