[Lab] (no subject)

krazatchu . krazatchu at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 8 10:30:11 EDT 2010

Hello people...

I'm putting together a group order for bare laser diodes... These diodes are 5 Watt 808nm multimode chips...
They are not canned or heatsinked, they are the bare chip measuring roughly 0.5mm x 3mm ...

Using these diodes is certainly not plug and play, there are alot of details and extra expenses to consider...
They are tricky to solder, they require a hotplate, low temperature expensive solder, alot of patience, and a microscope...
It's very likely that you will destroy a few before perfecting the soldering...
Besides heatsinking, they required optics, active cooling and a constant current supply...
There is a good source of information at http://die4laser.com/ regarding soldering, etc...

I have interest for about 60 diodes so far, the more diodes requested, the lower the price...
The price can be expected to be between $3 and $5 depending on the quantity...
I won't know the exact price until I submit a finalized order...
If your interested send me an email...

Michael