[Lab] Dreaming about a Hat Cam

Darcy Whyte darcy at siteware.com
Thu Nov 25 12:36:28 EST 2010

Anybody tried this?

Dreaming about a Hat
Cam<http://mambohead.com/2010/11/dreaming-about-a-hat-cam/>
November 25th, 2010 No
Comments<http://mambohead.com/2010/11/dreaming-about-a-hat-cam/#respond>
 Edit <http://mambohead.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=135&action=edit>

I’ve been working on a model airplane project and I want to make nice videos
of the planes flying. The challenge is that I can’t seem to fly it and take
video at the same time easily. The obvious is to get your friends to take
the shots right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQug8GUVOQI

In this video I’m explaining “Press the button… Now we’re filming…. Now
press it again… now we’re not filming…”. I think I went over it about 10
times.

It’s really hard to get people to take video. In the video above, the first
guy I tried could not understand how to operate the video camera despite
explaining it over and over to him. Mind you were each had a plastic cup
full of rum.

So anyways, now I’m wondering what sort of video quality I’d get in terms of
shakiness and staying on subject.

I’ve also looked at making a camera stabilizer but that seems to need a
camera operator so I’m still left with the guerrilla recruitment of people
to take video.

Here’s another fine example. In this example, I asked the lady to try and
get the whole bike and myself into the picture. Not only did she fail to do
that, she managed to give me mouse ears.

 <http://mambohead.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/100_5306.jpg>