[Lab] urban composting

Michael Lechasseur mlecha at artengine.ca
Thu Nov 25 10:37:56 EST 2010

Vermicomposting has worked well for me, but I haven't tried scaling it
to a household of 5.

The winter before the Green Bin was introduced we collected 3 large
garbage bins of compost, which would have been far too heavy for a balcony.

Although the material did compact, and the freezing seemed to accelerate
the compostability of the material, it was too cold to actually
decompose into compost. It was perfect for the Spring thaw though.

Michael