[Lab] workspace

James Jamison toodloo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 13:18:54 EDT 2010

Darcy,

Old doors work well, or a sheet of melamine.  I accidentally* discovered
that thin sheet metal like metal ducting or flashing from the hardware store
is a nice surface to work on, depending on the type of work you will be
doing.  It cleans up really well and is quite resilient.

James

* I just moved and a sheet got piled on the workbench, hasn't moved since.

On 4 November 2010 12:20, Darcy Whyte <darcy at siteware.com> wrote:

> My lab work benches are pretty small and I'm now looking at how to increase
> the space.
>
> I was thinking of slapping a board across the top of my smaller tables to
> make bigger tables.
>
> What types of materials work well?
>
> --
> Darcy Whyte
> Darcy at Siteware.com
> Ottawa, Canada | 613-563-3634 | N 45° 25'03.1" W 75° 42'21.4"
>
> Inspirational Flying Machines:
> http://www.rubber-power.com
> http://www.endlessLift.com
> MAAC 23153
>
> Software services since 1988
> Web, Database, LAMP
> www.Siteware.com
> www.generalSocial.com

You can't turn a turtle into a racehorse, but you can turn it into a fast
turtle