[Lab] laser mirror holders

Paul & Andrea Mumby themumbys at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 12:41:45 EDT 2010

I'm in Bayshore... My house and workshop are a bit of a disaster area lately
though lol... I think my wife would shoot me if I invited someone in right
now :)

Either way, we could meet quickly to discuss your options, if you have some
hand sketches or something of the parts, and bring along some samples, and
dimensions, I could mock something up tonight/tomorrow, and we could discuss
it more at the faire... your right in that there might not be a ton of time,
but I was surprised how easily the design/testing cycle works now that I
have rapid prototyping capability... Small parts take 20min to print or
less, so I can easily whip up a design in an hour or less, print it, and
take an iterative design approach to something that is normally much more
monolithic... It wastes a bit more material, but since material costs are so
low for the plastic filament, it's totally worth the agility gained in the
design process...

Let me know what your thoughts are and we can talk about it.

I'm a bit busy tonight and tomorrow, as I also have some paperwork to catch
up on for my home business, and some other todo items to deal with (I've
been multitasking between print and other stuff) but I could probably afford
an hour or so either tonight or tomorrow between 8pm and 10pm to discuss
options. Otherwise we can talk at the faire and meet up sometime following
that if that works better.

Even an email with some sketches/dimensions and pics of parts and so on
might let me mock up something quickly if that's preferable as well.

Thanks!

- Paul