[Lab] Fab Fair in the Fall

Lindsay Aranoff lindsay at tedxkids.ca
Fri May 14 10:52:14 EDT 2010

Quickly, I'm going to weigh in on the below discussion. That said, I don't
think I attended the Maker Fair, so it's entirely possible there are gapping
holes in my interpretation, rendering the following moot. Either way, here I
go:

1) Is there a date set for this Electric Fields extravaganza?

I get the sense this is longer than one day, since there was a suggestion to
have a maker fair for one evening...

2) I'm not sure the nuances of what a "Maker Fair" entail, but from my
immediate interpretation, it would be all things building, DIY, and
fantastical. Ya?

3) Pending on clarifications of the above, my immediate suggestion would be
to leverage TEDxKids exposure to help launch a solid Canadian Maker Fair.
It's unsurprising that we have to trek to NYC for such things, however, I
think we have the potential to create a microcosm Maker Fair in Ottawa and
rock it (at least running with my current definition of what this entails).

Thoughts?
Lindz

ps. As for the bus rental and such Mister Andrew, I don't have firsthand
border crossing experience, but I'll ask around. Road trip....