[Lab] 3D Printer Assembly + Artengine Blog

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue May 4 11:18:16 EDT 2010

On Tue, 4 May 2010, Ryan Stec wrote:

> Indeed! Mathieu, do you know of anyone who has done something like this?
> I guess I am thinking about talking the kind of generative visualization
> work that is done when connecting some kind of data set to a pathc or
> processing sketch. Taking it a step further into a 3 dimensional
> printable file.

I don't know anything about MakerBot, I just know that I designed GridFlow
to be the most flexible image-processing framework available for PureData.
With that, you can get a lot more than 8 bits of precision per channel,
so, I figure, if you want to sculpt some kind of landscape, you can have
the number of levels that you want (more than 256).

Then you can plug GridFlow's 2-D wave generator of it and render one frame
of it... or the sand grain simulator...