[Lab] Wordpress workshop/lab offering

Michael Lechasseur mlecha at artengine.ca
Mon Dec 6 15:56:23 EST 2010

Hello Darcy,

I'd be interested in participating, at least partially. I could likely
do every 2nd Wednesday, but not every week.

I'd be interesting in developing a multi-site Wordpress solution on
artengine's server, as well as setting an easy to use template for
visual artists. Imagine an image gallery for serveral series of artworks
making up a whole portfolio. Then following up with workshops for artists.

I could start a project like that in earnest in January.

I've done a fair bit of Wordpress exploration and study for a site that
I'm building at the moment, but instead went with Drupal as the CMS.
However I see a usefulness in Wordpress, and would like to make its use
painless for our members.

And painless for our server admin, as we have a number of Wordpress
sites running off of different code bases on the server. It would be
great to consolidate them.

FYI, there's a very loose Drupal meetup tonight in M-70 (artengine lab)
at 7pm. We had 14 people out last month, but this month will likely be a
smaller meetup without a presenter.

Best,

Michael