[Lab] Desoldering?

Tom Burns tom.i.burns at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 09:03:38 EDT 2010

Hi Jonathan,

Not sure how familiar you are with desoldering but I strongly suggest
picking up one of these:

http://www.cablelot.com/images/900-001N.JPG

Basically you prime the pump, heat up the solder you want to remove, bring
the pump tip very close to the solder, hit the trigger and the suction pulls
the solder out.  It's much much easier than using wick.  Not sure if you can
get them at radio shack but I know the Active Electronics near Merivale has
them.

Cheers,
Tom