[Gridflow-dev] debian wheezy build

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Jul 26 17:27:46 EDT 2012

Le 2012-07-18 à 12:18:00, Claude Heiland-Allen a écrit :

> src/source_filter.rb:220: warning: assigned but unused variable - default

«default» is not being used there... just ignore.

> src/source_filter.rb:249: warning: ambiguous first argument; put parentheses
> or even spaces

I've seen things like that for a long time, but I don't see them now. I
think that it's because on Ubuntu, the default ruby is still 1.8, whereas
the ones that have more warnings are 1.9 that were the default on some
other platforms. But either should work.

> lots of "ill-formed narrowing conversions", for example:
> src/classes3.cxx.fcs:498:15: warning: narrowing conversion of ‘((s.Stats::yy
> - ((s.Stats::y * s.Stats::y) / s.Stats::area)) / s.Stats::area)’ from ‘int64
> {aka long long int}’ to ‘float32 {aka float}’ inside { } is ill-formed in
> C++11 [-Wnarrowing]
> (fix could be to specify a version/standard of C++ that allows it)

put float() around it. It needs to become a float, and in the case
T=int64, it needs to come from int64. The cast that was implicit is
exactly what has to be done and there's no way around it.

GCC now defaults to C++11 ?

BTW, I can't try anything right now, because I get a segfault in
std::_Rb_tree<...> from inside FormatQuickTimeHW_startup and I haven't
looked at it yet. I just upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04, which wasn't fun, and
that's all that I changed to cause the segfault to appear. I haven't done
anything in GF in months.