[Gridflow-dev] [#expr] (was: jMax)

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 13:16:51 EDT 2010

--- On Fri, 9/24/10, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:

> From: Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>
> Subject: [#expr] (was: jMax)
> To: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancsika at yahoo.com>
> Cc: pd-list at iem.at, gridflow-dev at artengine.ca
> Date: Friday, September 24, 2010, 6:29 PM
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2010, Jonathan Wilkes
> wrote:
> > --- On Thu, 9/23/10, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>
> wrote:
> >> I have a parser for + - * / & | ^ with correct
> operator
> >> precedence and left-associativity, and support for
> float
> >> literals and 0x hex literals. (nothing else yet)
> >
> > Hey, that's great!  I'll try it out as soon as I
> get a chance.
>
> I also have added << >> < > <= >=
> == != % && ||. The last three are different from the
> ones in [expr] because they are what [#] supports.
>
> I also added unary + - ! ~.
>
> I also added the semicolon (multiple outlets).

Can there be semicolons in addition to some future
mechanism for naming outlets?  Or does that get too
complex?

[#expr 0; 1] -> data output on two outlets.
[#expr if 0 then 0 else out1 1] -> since there is "out1" an additional outlet is created, and data goes to outlet1 but not
outlet0.
[#expr 2; if 0 then 3 else out0 1] -> two outlets, but when the
rightmost expression is evaluated the output is redirected to the
first inlet.

I'm just using the Max/MSP style but changing the outlet numbers
to start from zero.  I don't know many other programming
languages so I'm not sure if there's a better word for "out1",
"out2", etc.

-Jonathan