[Gridflow-dev] Fwd: trying to use the [#record] function in Gridflow

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Sep 16 17:54:02 EDT 2010

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010, ALAN BROOKER wrote:

> (gdb) gdb 2>&1 | tee gdb-<pdextended>.txt

Looks like you are trying to write a shell command that starts gdb, from a
prompt of gdb itself... gdb is already running.

You don't need to redirect, if you can copy+paste from the terminal
instead. It's what I normally do. If I want to run pd like this :

   pd -oss -channels 2 my-bug-test.pd

I start gdb like this :

   gdb --args pd -oss -channels 2 my-bug-test.pd

and then I type :

   run

and then I make it crash, and then I can type other gdb commands again :

   where
   quit

or, for crashes of the infinite-loop kind, I use Ctrl+c to break the
programme first, then I type the same commands.