[Gridflow-dev] new [#camera] in GridFlow 9.9

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon May 17 04:50:59 EDT 2010

Yo again

I tried it again on a fresh GridFlow on a fresh Ubuntu Lucid.
The symptoms are still there. I found that the distortion only happens,
if [metro]'s rate is lower than the camera rate. Sometimes even if the
[metro] rate is the same as the camera rate, you get the distortion, but
then you can get rid of it by manually clicking the [bng].

@Olsen
You can check this by setting the camera to 'videomode=1' a.k.a 30fps.
Then start the [metro 33]. When you change the [metro] rate to something
above 33, you will get distortion (more or less quickly, depending how
much slower you make the [metro]). When feeding it with a number below
33, the distortion goes away.

Can this behaviour be described as a 'buffer overflow'? In Gem it is
possible to have the [gemwin] rate be lower than the camera rate without
getting artefacts. So it seems that it is specific to GridFlow.

Roman