[Gridflow-dev] OpenGL wrangling

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Aug 10 20:20:42 EDT 2010

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:

> I did a brief test: creating a new patch with
> "blend_equation max"--[gf/gl]
> Then adding:
> "create"--[gemwin]

I had a similar problem with trying [gf/gl]'s get. It works when
[gemwin]'s 'create' method has been called, but if you try 'get' before
that, it crashes. What should I do ?

> Thanks for adding them, I realized this step was missing after I went to bed.
> The null pointer chacks could be grouped together by checking the supported
> OpenGL versions and extensions, though it's probably neither easier or
> clearer to do it that way,

I think it's fine to check it at every call. Such a check is fast enough
considering the relative speed of the rest of pd. If there are lots of
them, I may replace them with a small macro, but in the executable, it
will amount to exactly the same.