[Gridflow-dev] new [#camera] in GridFlow 9.9

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Apr 18 11:47:39 EDT 2010

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> This is great. This means that any camera supported by v4l1 or v4l2
> works with gridflow, right?

This should be, yes, through libv4l1.

For options that exist only in the v4l2 interface, we will need to use
libv4l2 instead (which is another facet of the same library).

For options that exist in neither, we're a bit screwed, which is why I
left original v4l1 support in, but that won't be sufficient... there's
also a set of nonstandard extensions to v4l2 on top of that... but here
I'm talking about things that are not supported in GEM. It's just that I
wouldn't be satisfied with "ah, GEM doesn't support it, so it's ok to not
support it". I don't want to do any détours to read, write, load and save
my caméra settings.