[Gridflow-dev] [PD] [PD-dev] puredata/gridflow/webcam driver=which are supported?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Aug 15 12:12:11 EDT 2009

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009, sisil mehta wrote:

> i'mm using ATI Radeon mobility 4570. I checked in the harddware drivers
> section and this is what i found: No proprietary are in use on this
> system. ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics driver (description....)
> this driver is not activated.

What does it mean "this driver is not activated" ? Because it looks a lot
like one of the top two "bugs" of GridFlow, which is a strange interaction
between GridFlow, C++, and an ATI driver (the OpenGL part thereof). Claude
found the solution:

   http://lists.artengine.ca/pipermail/gridflow-dev/2008-October/000455.html

But I would very much like to know how to fix this permanently, because
you can't make people have to jump through hoops that much to get
something running.

(The other top two "bug" of GridFlow is that it uses a lot of stack for
speed, yet the default maximum stack size is dangerously low).

> pd[4519]: segfault at 4 ip b787c5dc sp bfaee8e0 error 6 in
> libstdc++.so.6.0.10[b77c3000+e4000]
> pd[4691]: segfault at b7b58824 ip b7f2bb64 sp bfa81bf4 error 7 in
> libpthread-2.9.so[b7f25000+15000]
> Now?

With gdb you can get a better (more detailed) backtrace. I never used
dmesg for those things.