[Gridflow-dev] profiler and stuff

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jan 16 14:46:56 EST 2007

I'm removing the object profiler completely because it's currently not
working and it's just making GridFlow more complicated than it needs to
be.

I also removed the other profiler (memory allocation and memory copying)
as I don't plan to use any of this and I can't imagine anyone else using
it.

It seems like removing both profilers makes GridFlow significantly faster,
but I may be wrong. May anyone else measure the difference?... using just
[fps] for example. I'm developing on a Pentium M and it seems like weird
things are happening with the CPU clock.

Also don't be surprised if "grid" messages no longer say the number type
and the dimensions. You're supposed to use [#type] and [#dim] for that
anyway.

I'm also introducing set_chunk as a replacement for set_factor (that's in
GridOutlet). This is also a simplification. In that case you only need to
specify the dimension number and not a number of elements.