[Gridflow-dev] osx ruby/ruby configure

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Mar 21 21:21:53 EST 2006

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, james tittle wrote:

> ...hunh...that worked :-)  Then fftw.c compiled, but now we're hitting a bad
> link flag:
> powerpc-apple-darwin8-g++-4.0.1: unrecognized option '-shared'
> /usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lcrypt
> ...I just removed -shared from the LDSHARED in Makefile, but that triggers a
> full recompile...we'll see if it worx!

I got rid of mkmf.rb, which was handling part of the platform-specific
flags. I also might have lost some that were handwritten in ./configure;
my idea was that, to readapt things for OSX, it'd be easier to do
./configure with 0.8.1 and then compare the Makefile with the new one to
see what should be added.

I think that -lcrypt is a GNU/Linux-specific flag.