[Gridflow-dev] revamp of GridFlow

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Mar 15 21:04:40 EST 2006

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006, james tittle wrote:

> ...I'd really like to try this out, but am currently having problems
> with compiling gridflow on osx; mainly due to me not having ruby 1.9
> installed (but I was compiling gridflow against it)...won't be able to
> work on this much for the next few weeks...

can you get it as "ruby1.9" in Fink, just like in Debian? It would make
things easier...

> ...wouldn't it be better to use "int64", "int32" or something, such that
> we know what we're getting when we ask for it?

No, because I don't want to penalize 32-bit mode by using int64, and the
point of using 64-bit mode is to use 64-bit addressing, so I'll need a
type that is 32-bit in 32-bit mode and 64-bit in 64-bit mode, such as
size_t or ptrdiff_t.