[Gridflow-dev] memory leak loading images
matju at artengine.ca
Fri Apr 28 23:28:17 EDT 2006
On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
> Loading the same image (even with the [#in]'s outlets not connected to
> anything at all) over and over leaks about 6kB per time loaded. Tested
> with JPEG and PNG. See attached patches, I can send the images I tested
> with on request (thought twice about sending 1MB of attachements to the
> list...). They expect either 'image.png' or 'image.jpg' to be in the
> load-path. Watching output of 'top' shows memory usage rising.
This only happens when the "open" or "load" message is used repeatedly.
I have just fixed the big leak for PNG.
There seems to be still a much smaller leak which is only detectable by
running the program for a long time (or much more quickly in Valgrind I
presume). With my test, the process size goes from 46M to 88M in 16000
opens (or loads)...
_ _ __ ___ _____ ________ _____________ _____________________ ...
| Mathieu Bouchard - tél:+1.514.383.3801 - http://artengine.ca/matju
| Freelance Digital Arts Engineer, Montréal QC Canada
More information about the Gridflow-dev