[Gridflow-dev] Re: [Gridflow-cvs] [cvs] pd_abstractions: similar to #camera

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Jun 16 15:55:32 EDT 2005

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, alx wrote:
>  Added files:
>    pd_abstractions:
>      #record_quicktime.pd
>  Log:
>    similar to #camera
>  Revision    Changes    Path
>  1.1         -ADDED-    pd_abstractions/#record_quicktime.pd

That's a good idea, but I think it could be called just #record_movie,
#record_file, or just #record, keeping in mind that this abstraction could
in the future be used for recording .mpg, .avi, etc.

I think libquicktime already supports .avi, at least for reading. More
power in the movie department can come from interfacing with Xine,
MPlayer, FFMPEG, DirectShow (?), etc.

,-o--------o--------o--------o-. ,---. irc.freenode.net #dataflow |
`-o------------o-------------o-' | | Mathieu Bouchard (Montréal QC) |