[Gridflow-dev] test suite (fwd)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Dec 29 14:46:56 EST 2005

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:

> I'm not sure how to fully automate tests in Pd though - my ideal output
> would be like configure's output - a text list of tests with
> passed/failed, with more info on failure - a patch-loader patch
> controlled with pdsend could do the job, if each testpatch runs its
> tests and closes itself when done?

I am starting yet another project. This one is called PureUnity. I want
unit-tests to become a more common practice in PureData in general, and
not just GridFlow.

Once we have the basic patterns in place, then we can add variants of that
in GridFlow, like [#expect] for [expect] and such, as is required because
of the slight incompatibilities between GridFlow and the core of PureData
(such as float vs int, the need to use [#export]...)

The official mailing-list for PureUnity is pd-dev, unless someone's got a
better idea, or unless it becomes too much mail.

The official CVS for PureUnity is in Pd's SourceForget-based CVS, in
/abstractions/pureunity/