[Gridflow-dev] Re: [Gridflow-cvs] [cvs] doc/images/op:

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 19 23:52:11 EST 2004

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, stephanie wrote:

> stephanie   Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:28:26 -0500
>   Added files:
>     doc/images/op:
>       bus

Thank you very much for your work!

Here are some tips:

1. PNG images should have the .png suffix (many programs can read PNG
ithout the suffix, but many other programs also rely on suffixes)

2. CVS can add/remove several files in one commit. I recommend that
commits be done on several files at once, especially when the changes
together form a whole, such as in this case. However I don't recommend
committing files of several folders at once (it works but the report
generator tends to get mixed up)

example (spaces added for clarity):

  cd doc/images/op
  mv         bus bus.png
  cvs add        bus.png sub.png add.png and.png cos.png ...
  cvs remove bus
  cvs commit bus bus.png sub.png add.png and.png cos.png ...

3. Apart from that there may be a few tools to help you. I have a few
programs to clean up images; e.g. "pnmcrop" is a program that removes the
white border of a picture.