[Dorkbot-ott] [ohs] Equipment

Andrew Plumb andrew at plumb.org
Thu Feb 25 21:21:52 EST 2010

Hey Ryan,

Not that I don't enjoy bring it out, but it'll be nice not having to lug my own MakerBot over to ArtEngine every time someone wants to print something off.  Also, with two MakerBots and eventually Sebastien's RepRap active we'll be able to print out new RepRap parts 2x-3x faster! ;-)

Continuing on with this scenario, here's what I'd recommend getting:

From MakerBot Industries:

- CupCake CNC Deluxe Kit
	- quantity 1
	- includes 1lb Natural ABS & 5lbs Black ABS
	- http://store.makerbot.com/cupcake-cnc/cupcake-cnc-deluxe-kit.html
	- @ US $950.00 (+shipping +customs)

- ABS / 5lbs / Natural
	- http://store.makerbot.com/plastic/abs-5lbs.html
	- quantity 2 (10lbs)
	- US $50.00 / roll

- Blue ABS Plastic
	- http://store.makerbot.com/plastic/blue-abs-plastic.html
	- 5lb roll
	- qty 1
	- US $80.00 / roll

- Yellow ABS Plastic
	- http://store.makerbot.com/plastic/yellow-abs-plastic.html
	- 5lb roll
	- qty 1
	- US $80.00 / roll

- Green ABS Plastic
	- http://store.makerbot.com/plastic/green-abs-plastic.html
	- 5lb roll
	- qty 1
	- US $80.00 / roll

- Red ABS Plastic
	- http://store.makerbot.com/plastic/red-abs-plastic.html
	- 5lb roll
	- qty 1
	- US $80.00 / roll

From Omega Engineering, Inc:

- RTD and Thermistor Extension Wire, EXTT-3CU-26S-50
	- PFA insulation is rated up to 260C, sufficient for thermistor sensor
	- three-wire in case a second thermistor is needed in future.
	- http://www.omega.ca/shop/pptsc.asp?ref=EXGG-2CU_3CU_WIRE
	- 50ft roll
	- qty 1
	- CDN $70.00

- Fine Gage, Single Strand, Insulated Thermocouple Wire, TFCC-020-100
	- TFCC-020 is 0.020" in diameter, thicker for driving the heater nichrome
	- PFA insulation is rated up to 260C, sufficient for this application.
	- http://www.omega.ca/shop/pptsc.asp?ref=TFIR_CH_CI_CC_CY_AL
	- 100ft roll
	- qty 1
	- CDN $31.00

DigiKey :

- Circuit Board Vise
	- Panavise 324 (Digikey part number 324PV-ND)
	- http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?WT.z_header=search_go&lang=en&site=ca&keywords=324PV-ND&x=0&y=0
	- CDN $121.09

- Single Level Stripper, Self-Adjusting
	- Cooper Industries SAS3210 (Digikey SAS3210-ND)
	- http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?WT.z_header=search_go&lang=en&site=ca&keywords=SAS3210-ND&x=21&y=13
	- CDN $97.99

- Thermometer, Thermocouples (2)
	- TPI 342C2 (Digikey part number 290-1416-ND)
	- http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?WT.z_header=search_go&lang=en&site=ca&keywords=290-1416-ND&x=19&y=17
	- CDN $87.67

--

"The future is already here.  It's just not very evenly distributed" -- William Gibson