[Dorkbot-ott] September Edition of Dorkbot!

Ryan Stec artistic at artengine.ca
Fri Sep 12 13:38:51 EDT 2008

Hey Folks! Time for another edition of everybody favorite electronics party!

We have three great presentations by some of our region's dorkiest
artists. We hope you will join us in the M70 Lab Tuesday September 23rd.

Here is the line up for our back in school special....

*Sean Lamothe*, our local bending guru, will be presenting his newest
venture - bending video! Having tackled every kind of battery operated
noise making device our consumer culture can dream up, Sean has been
turning his attention to more adult oriented electronics ... video
mixers and DVD players. For this edition Sean will present his project
in progress - a portable video glitch package.

*Normand Fisher*, a man with great listening skills, will be giving us a
demonstration on how to make your own high quality microphones for a few
dollars and learn how to adapt the design to suit your particular needs
(stealth, overnight, outdoor in the rain...). I understand he has been
hooking up radar devices to microphones hidden in flower pots to record
migrating birds. As if that doesn't peak your curiosity.

Finally *Frederic Arsenault*, who previously brought us a workshop on
databending our digital photos, has been hard at work with his new Nokia
N800 and modified copy of the open source visual programming environment
PureData (PD). PD has gained wider and wider appeal as a tool for
experimental artistic endeavours, and Fred will be talking about getting
PD working on our mobile and hand held devices.

If you want more information or have any question please contact us at
Artengine 613.686.1941 or at everyone at artengine.ca.

Dorkbot September Edition
Artengine M70 Lab
2 Daly Ave