[Pdmtl] Audio e Video playback problems

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Jeu 24 Mar 01:04:32 EDT 2011

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011, patrick wrote:
> On 11-03-24 03:57 AM, Jean Habib wrote:
>> thanks for your advise Mathieu
>> I'll try -audiobuf cause it is becoming a nightmare to send messages
>> from 3 PDs.. netsend receive did not understand a long string, with
>> spaces and other characters
> i never used it, but maybe [pd~] could help (run a pd sub-process).

I almost replied that yesterday, but then I realised that it probably
wouldn't work : the audio blocks produced at the right time would then
have to sit in the main process' audiobuffers, where Gem is causing
latency.

Or do you mean putting Gem in the [pd~] sub-process ? That could work.

But then... [pd~] has the same bugs as [netsend] does, in both directions.