[Pdmtl] FUDI protocol for the Twisted Python engine

Alexandre Quessy alexandre at quessy.net
Sun May 24 12:02:56 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I just wanted to announce that I have implemented the FUDI protocol
for the twisted Python library.
It has been proved to be pretty reliable so far.

FUDI is the protocol used by the netsend and netreceive builtin
objects in Pure Data.
This way, you can control Pure Data, or receive informations from Pure
Data in Python.

Twisted is an event-driven networking engine written in Python and
licensed under the MIT license.
Twisted projects variously support TCP, UDP, SSL/TLS, multicast, Unix
sockets, a large number of protocols (including HTTP, NNTP, IMAP, SSH,
IRC, FTP, and others), and much more.

Here is where you can find this FUDI protocol for twisted :
http://code.google.com/p/toonloop/source/browse/trunk/py/toon/fudi.py

It is released under GNU GPL. Written by Alexandre Quessy.
(forgot to provide a license. Please just copy-paste this line above
for now if you reuse it)
It is part of the ToonLoop project for now. It will be moved to the
rats package soon.
It will be called rats/fudi.py

If you need proper usage examples, I can write some. Please ask. Let
me know of any problem.
Stay tuned !

Alexandre Quessy
http://alexandre.quessy.net/