[Pdmtl] puredata conference - Montreal

Alexandre Castonguay acastonguay at artengine.ca
Tue Oct 12 16:24:13 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 12 October 2004 14:51, Matju wrote:

> It does not matter whether they do this in a competitive framework because
> as soon as there is duplication there is some implied competition. I mean
> there may be some people who will prefer to come to only one of the two
> conferences, so which one would that be?

Where did you hear about a second conference in Graz?  While there I only
heard of people interested in having one in Montreal and other locations in
Europe.  Also, Miller was quite ready for one in Montreal and only said that
having one next year might place too much pressure on the puredata community
to continue having a yearly event.  in that light, suggesting that there
would be two near simultaneous conferences is ridiculous.

Cheers,

Alexandre