[Lab] You guys may know

Toby Murray murray.toby at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 00:00:36 EDT 2017

As long as you have a static scene, I think the popular media player VLC
<https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html> has some functionality that may
be useful? Through the GUI it's: "Tools" | "Effects and Filters", then the
"Video Effects" tab, and there's a little checkbox in the bottom right to
toggle "Motion Detect". Allegedly you can use it from the command line
(forum post here <https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=89563#p311165>),
I don't know if any decent documentation exists for it... I found a very
brief description here
<https://wiki.videolan.org/VLC-0-8-6_command-line_help/>, but it looks like
it'd be a bit of an adventure.