[Lab] Help teach kids to code...

Jason Cobill jason.cobill at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 22:29:30 EDT 2017

   Hey John,
   This sounds like a great initiative - I'll go check out the gofundme you
set up.

   Consider also knocking on the government's door - they just earmarked
$50 million to support projects like you're describing. North Grenville is
small enough to be "rural economic development" while being close enough to
drop in for MP photo shoots - you're basically a dream candidate.

https://www.canada.ca/en/innovation-science-economic-development/programs/science-technology-partnerships/cancode.html

   Also check out code.org - they're an agency out of the US (so you can
only get so much of their advice resources) but they have a great section
of the site devoted to curriculum and lesson plans for running effective
code workshops for kids of varying age ranges. Nice to not have to set up
every lesson yourself!
   https://code.org/educate/curriculum/elementary-school

   -Jason