[Lab] The (Autodesk) Eagle Has Crashed

dave at huntgang.com dave at huntgang.com
Thu Jan 26 00:18:37 EST 2017

I think we may see a mass migration to KiCad in the near term.... I
started following those tutorials a few days ago, he does a decent job
of walking you through it. I just found KiCad a bit frustrating setting
up new libraries and refreshing the netlist between schematic and board
to be frustrating. I did like the fact that the parts libraries auto
update from Git!

On 2017-01-25 15:13, Peter Sjoberg wrote:

> Regarding the free version it is still free but now you have to create a
> autodesk account to use it. I just wonder it I still need internet and
> how long it stays free.
>
> if you decide to pay you can no longer pay once and use it for a few
> years, if you want to make a 4 layer board you now need to pay $620CAD a
> year for that privilege.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U8he-5Bqtw [1]
>
> I'm now even more happy that I already switched to kicad.
>
> If you want to move to KiCAD and need a tutorial course check out:
> https://contextualelectronics.com/learning/getting-to-blinky-4-0/ [2]

Links:
------
[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U8he-5Bqtw