[Lab] PLDs & HDL workshop

Yannick Lamarre yan.lamarre at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 10:55:23 EDT 2017

Hi Jason,
No special knowledge required. This presentation aims to be an
introduction of the subject toward makers. I know a few people with no
knowledge of electronics will be attending and will make sure I keep
it in that range.
PLDs are a range of devices used in digital design and HDL is today's
most common design tool to target PLDs.

Although most of this subject has been reserved to Electrical
Engineers in the past, I find that these devices are now quite
accessible to hobbyist nowadays and lack of educations is preventing
(or scaring) people to use this technology. The goal of this
presentation is to prove that these devices can be incorporated into
your everyday projects.