[Lab] Helping a Friend's Dog: Makerbot Replicator 2X

Jason Cobill jason.cobill at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 22:14:28 EDT 2016

   Hi Stephane,

   Try contacting the uOttawa MakerSpace - this is the kind of medical
innovation story they might be interested in getting some publicity out of.
They've also got some nifty high-end printers that might be more
appropriate for a medical model.
   The Centerpointe library might also be up for the challenge.
   Both of them have pretty cheap material costs and the labour is
essentially free since you do it yourself.

   I'm a little surprised to hear this technology has caught on in the
veterinary world. Diagnostic imaging has come a long way when they have CT
scanners at the vet. It feels like only a decade ago CHEO was doing
epic fundraisers to get their first one. :)
   I can only imagine how much it's costing your friend. Best of luck to
her furry pal.

   -Jason Cobill