[Lab] raspberry pi 3 released

Toby Murray murray.toby at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 13:35:20 EST 2016

I wasn't aware of the Odroid-C2 - that looks very interesting! I was
looking at the Pi 3 this morning, more for performance than wifi/bluetooth,
but stock seems to be low and I don't really want to shop in the US.
Hardkernel's Canadian distributor is appears to be here:
http://www.ca.diigiit.com/brands/brand-odroid/odroid-c2 - 76$ (damn
exchange rate). Still, an extremely impressive offering - I like doubling
up the RAM in particular. I think I'm sold!

What's the deal with eMMC? The "related product
<http://www.ca.diigiit.com/odroid-c2-emmc-module>" on their page is a 50$
8GB module, which seems pretty expensive. Are there better sources for
these modules? Does anyone have any personal experience with the modules
sold by hardkernel vs. a reputable SD card (e.g. Samsung PRO+
<http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/memory-storage/MB-SD64D/AM>)? I've only
ever used SD (and microSD) cards for adding on storage, so the eMMC module
is a twist for me.