[Lab] History of the Mighty Pencil!

Jason Cobill jason.cobill at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 23:58:43 EDT 2016

   I love the idea of a disobedient pencil. :)

   Artengine have been posting links lately (on twitter) to a flying
pantograph - have you seen these?
   https://vimeo.com/157484947

   What I love about the flying robot pantograph is that the pen strokes
you draw get mediated by all of the physical forces affecting the drone -
it's so unpredictable and such a complex system that (for now) the lines
all end up a soup of squiggles. I think there's going to be a wave of
exciting art produced this way, mediated through un-cooperative machines.

   -Jason