[Lab] Exterior LED lighting RGB

Henri K henri.kuschkowitz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 14:03:06 EDT 2015

Hi guys,

Some of you surely have already done coloured lighting outside, so I am hoping to get some feedback/advice.

I am interested to find out what kind of individual-addressable LED lights you used for exterior lighting.

I normally use LED strips, but find that for higher brightness and countering light pollution more strips need to be used. I think there must be some stronger addressable LEDs out there that are not just an iteration of the now de-facto standard of the WS28xx or the newer types APA102, etc.

Any insight is as always much appreciated.

Cheers all and happy halloweeeeeen!

Henri