[Lab] Any ideas what these parts are called on Digi-Key

micro micro222 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 14:02:19 EST 2015

I keep an assortment of pre-crimped pins and housings so I can quickly
assemble a custom cable when I need to. It's been very handy. I get them
from Pololu.



On 20 January 2015 at 12:20, Adrian Jones <adrian at woodsgood.ca> wrote:

> Megan,
> I'm not sure if this will help but for problems that involve specialized
> connectors, I have often resorted to making my own.
> I use 20cm - 50cm lengths of Female To Female jumper cables (like this
> http://www.ebay.ca/itm/40PCS-Dupont-wire-jumper-cables-20cm-2-54MM-male-to-f
> emale-For-Arduino-/171422500152?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e993c538)
> which come on a 40-way 0.1" ribbon cable.
> Choosing the right starting colour (0 black, 1 brown, 2 red etc.) , I tear
> off and attach the appropriate number of cables onto the connector. I
> smear
> a drop of superglue across the female sockets (it wicks into the gaps
> between them) and this glues the entire female connector assembly together.
> Et voila! This works for any number of conductors and for both single and
> dual in line connectors (great for connecting to an ESP8266).
> Hope that this helps.
> Many thanks,
> .... Adrian
> _______________________________________________
> Lab mailing list
> 1. subscribe http://artengine.ca/mailman/listinfo/lab
> 2. then email Lab at artengine.ca to send your message to the list
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://artengine.ca/pipermail/lab/attachments/20150120/176901e7/attachment.html>

More information about the Lab mailing list