[Lab] Where to find a balun

Jason Cobill jason.cobill at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 10:44:56 EST 2015

   Hey Pascal - sorry for leaving you hanging on the balun search - I built
a super similar homebrew HD antenna (without the reflector) and picked up a
balun at Active for ~ $1.

   I'm very happy with the reception on mine, but disappointed with the
aesthetics. I have my wires screwed into a wooden board, which is hanging
on the back wall of my house. It's not a big deal, but hypothetically our
backyard neighbours have a view of our garish rusting antenna-spider all
year round.
   It would be nice to hide it behind a sheet of acrylic or to disguise it
somehow as a plant trellis or piece of artwork. Now that you've built one -
do you have any ideas?

   I love the fake palm tree cell phone towers in the US - not sure I could
believably get away with palm trees in my back yard. :)

   -Jason Cobill