[Lab] Laser cutter status?

Darcy Whyte darcy at siteware.com
Sun Jan 4 21:37:30 EST 2015

It's way better to have it on the network rather than usb.

But there would need to be a wireless network to make it really convenient.

Should be easy enough to add a wireless access point to the laser room. You
can make one out of one of those wrt54g routers that are floating around in
the lab. Or just mount the lab router on the wall beside the door, perhaps
it can reach the lab. Or get a drop or something for laptops using a hub or
something...

I guess there's need to be a wire for the machine then wireless for
everything else. Or a wire for the laser a wire for the workstation then
wireless for everything else.

But it's no fun to set it up of somebody's going to screw around with it
(like what was happening when it used to work great on the network)... I
eventually stopped putting it back and just used a usb key since that time
loss was less than screwing around to find out what's been changed...

I realize it's more convenient to put the machine on usb when it's out on
the road but if it's not restored back to its home configuration then it's
just a hassle.

Even the last time the machine went on the road it was not connected back
up properly. I lost a bunch of time figuring out tat the network wasn't put
back into the laptop.

I guess my point is if people are going to jump in to help, it's nice to
have assurance that someone isn't going to unplug everything all the time
and leave it to the community to figure out what's missing...

--
Darcy Whyte

Software Since '88 siteware.com | Contact: darcy at siteware.com | 613-563-3634
by appointment