[Lab] cheap laser cutters

Stephen Burke steve at envirolaser.com
Fri Aug 28 12:30:15 EDT 2015

As the Ottawa rep for Full Spectrum Laser & Epilog, I’d say that each company has their pros and cons when it comes to their equipment.

If you are looking for low cost and excellent cutting capabilities, the Full Spectrum Laser Hobby and entry level Pro series products are an excellent value.  If you are looking for the highest quality engraving capabilities and “extras” as standard equipment, then the Epilog tends to have an advantage.

Of course, the exchange rate will cause an increase in price for both manufacturers.  However, Full Spectrum Laser’s equipment is still relatively inexpensive.  For instance, a H series 20” x 12” with all the upgrades (90 watt, extra lens, extra warranty, etc) is still only around $12,000 + HST.

As to troubleshooting the Zing 24, I did a full cleaning and mechanical check of the device earlier this summer.  I am still waiting for a reply from Epilog, but it appears that the problem could be either with the sensor board, a cable from the sensor board or the main control board.

Stephen Burke