[Lab] Is Bucko still on the list?

Chris B TBP tbp at ghostwise.com
Fri Aug 21 12:00:17 EDT 2015

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the lovely message! I am still on the list though a very
quiet lurker these days.

Here's some answers to your questions:

1) My chair's state is slightly different than last year. There's a
new ventilator mounted on the back of it (not a fan of the new
vent, but the space saving is nice).

I've got two music gear set ups:

a) Mobile Soundsystem: A plexiglass shelf gets mounted to my
footrests. It holds a 400 watt Pyle portable amp. There's velcro
on it to attach USB battery packs (to power iPhone) and a lithium ion
battery to power LED strip. iPhone that has a mount of its
own gets plugged into amp, 5m strip of LED lights wraps around chair.
That's how I busked the previous two summers.
Haven't busked at all this year, as I'm no longer living downtown.
#suburbssuck

b) PA set up: iPhone mounted on chair patched into PA, LED lights
wrapped around, powered by lithium ion battery.
I've tried to DJ with the iPhone using Traktor Audio 2 interface for
headphone monitoring but came across power problems.
Some sort of grounding issue while trying to connect to a PA.

The apps I use on my iPhone are Figure for music making and Traktor or
iDJ for DJing.

2) My LEDs aren't programmable ones. They're a basic 5m strip set to a
slow fade pattern going through multiple colours. The
only time I ever had Arduino or Teensy driven LEDs is during Nuit
Blanche and Chinatown Remixed Festival. For Nuit Blanche,
Henri Kuschkowitz was gracious to mount and program a strip of LEDs.
They were doing a chase effect if I remember correctly.
I could change the speed of them. We talked about using proximity
sensors to trigger the lights but I don't think we did.
For Chinatown Remixed, I had a frankenstein panel of programmable LEDs