[Lab] Introduction

Jason Cobill jason.cobill at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 22:52:00 EDT 2015

   Hey Jonah - that's my old college! I was in CS and had friends in the
Electronics program. It was good to cross-pollinate ideas between the
programs, we did a lot of experiments in the early 90's teaching robots to
play piano and building hardware to connect to this newfangled internet
thing. (I'm pretty sure it's just a fad)

  Modlab meetings are on Wednesday evenings, although I'm not a very
regular attendee - and recently there's been a real explosion of maker
spaces and maker groups in Ottawa so people are travelling around between
different spaces. It's an interesting time to be doing creative and
technical projects in Ottawa, lots of resources!
   Definitely come out to the Modlab, but also check out Makerspace North,
the uOttawa Makerspace, and Centerpointe Library's Imagination Space where
Darcy runs his Arduino group (or has that moved to Makerspace North?).

   Does anyone know if there's public makerspaces in Gatineau? I heard
about a "Green lab", but I've never been. Surely the colleges must be
setting up fab labs?

   -Jason Cobill