[Lab] Grey water tank design

Matthew Bells matt at mbells.ca
Mon Apr 6 09:31:57 EDT 2015

You have a few easy options:

1.       A clear pipe outside, mounted vertically, with a pin hole at the top. The water will be the same level in this as the rest of the tank so long as nothing is blocking it from equalizing. (Like this: http://www.watercache.com/images/education/clear-pipe-before-sm.jpg )

2.       A sonar water level sensor + Arduino. Mount on top of the tank pointing down.

3.       A float that is visible. Could be combined with (1) if you’d like to bring the meter out and up to the level of a deck for example. This would basically add the height of the float to the water level. Mostly good for underground tanks.

-Matt